(I don’t own a nalgine but this Brita bottle paints the right picture my steel water bottle holds exactly a litre of water making it easy for working out water purification)
I see a lot of survivalists and bushcrafters mentioning nalgine bottles for their go to water container. I myself am a strong metal water container advocate and heres why.
A stainless steel water container is
- Solid and hard to puncture
- Can be used with fire to boil water
- Doesnt hold flavour or smell
- Water stays warmer for longer
- Cheap to find at thrift stores
- No Worrying about chemicals leaching into your water
- Can be used as a fishing line spool
- Heavyer than nalgine
- Hard to fix once punctured
I can’t see the reason why anyone would trust their water supply in a plastic container other than the pretty colours and the variety of shapes that plastic water containers offer. All I see is a liability and lost water waiting to happen.
Just my 2 sense 😊
Please share like and comment I will be bringing you more videos soon when I can acquire another camera.
Thanks for reading stay safe out there